A strong healthy happy baby is all that we moms want..right?! And with so many companies and marketing around packaged food, it gets a bit challenging to find authentic and genuine nutrition sources.
We are sharing 5 high calcium sources with you today which is not only healthy but also tasty.
Calcium is not only the most abundant mineral in the body but also very important for your baby's health. Babies younger than 6 months old need 200 mg of calcium a day and babies 6 to 11 months old need 260 mg of calcium a day.
Although dairy products like milk, cheese, and yogurt are especially high in calcium, there are other dairy free options available also; and honestly who knows how pure is packaged milk now :
1. Fox nuts: Popularly known 'makhanas' have been used as snack food since ages. Superfood makhana is rich in proteins and fiber and low in fat. 100 grams of makhana gives around 347 calories of energy.
Food ideas : sauté or add a bit of salt to enhance taste. Kids love it!
2. Broccoli & Dark Green Vegetables: Yum yum.. You can try sautéing it with little butter and garlic long with chopped Spinach and Mustard leaves and watch your kids enjoy this dish.
3. Okra - Most people will be surprised to Okra in this list but it is a very good source of calcium. Okra is a commonly used vegetable in Indian homes with most kids loving Indian okra dishes.
4. Beans and Lentils - We know that beans and lentils are high in fibres, proteins, and other nutrients, but some are rich in calcium too. For example, green beans, red millets, and peas contain enough calcium that you should never out on calcium requirements.
5. Sesame Seeds: Are super rich in calcium and can be used as garnish or add in laddoos. 'Til ke ladu' are my favorite and the benefits help the body in summer season too.
Some other options that you add to your kids diet are figs, almonds and oranges.
So if dairy is not suiting your child, you must try these and otherwise also must add in their diet.