The most important time of your life is here and you've got to ensure that the Hospital bag is ready! Packing your hospital bag doesn’t need to be overwhelming.
Here is a checklist that you can check and keep ready for the D- DAY
- Hospital paperwork, ID, and insurance card.
- Lightweight and skin-friendly hospital gown for the new mom.
- Nursing-friendly tops or dresses for feeding the baby and going home
- Comfortable Nursing Pillows
- Nursing pads are a very useful breastfeeding accessory.
- Maternity Lingerie for the post-delivery phase
- Cold packs. - Cold packs are great for instant cooling relief after birth whether vaginal or c-section.
- Slip Ons or comfortable slippers
- Toiletries - you'll need your toothbrush, hair comb, an extra set of hair ties, and maybe a lip balm
- Reusable water bottle in case you need something more than water, an electrolyte drink, coconut water, or calming green tea
- Snacks and drinks - Labor can sometimes be very long, so carrying your favorite will help and it will help your hospital stay a little comfortable.
- Heavy-duty maternity pads - The hospital may provide you with some but we'd suggest that you carry extra just in case.
- Last but the least - Your Pediatrician’s Contact Information- it’s good to have it handy.
Things to Pack in Your Hospital Bag for Baby
- New Born Diapers
- Newborn onesie. Your baby will need a newborn onesie to wear once out of the womb. Bring your baby a special onesie as their first-ever outfit!
- A Going Home outfit - Pack 2 different sizes since you don't know how big your little one would be. Also, ensure to pack a set of caps and socks as fit per the weather.
- A Soft swaddling Blanket for the baby
With this hospital bag checklist, you'll be well-prepared for your time in the hospital and it'll save you from having those last minutes frenzies.