Posted on October 25 2016
Whether you are pregnant or not, the importance of drinking water can't be stated enough. However, as a mommy-to-be drinking water is twice as important and critical for your health and the health of your bundle of joy. Here are top 4 reasons, you should be raising a glass of water (eleven to be exact) to celebrate your pregnancy!
1. WATER PROVIDES NUTRIENTS TO THE BABY
The nutrients you absorb everyday comes to your baby through water. Water carries essential nutrients to cells and flushes out harmful wastes. Nutrients in blood cells are then sent to the placenta to nourish your little one.
2. WATER ASSISTS IN DIGESTION & HELPS PREVENT INFECTIONS
Urinary tract Infections are very common during pregnancy. Having water helps reduce the risk of these infections.
3. WATER HELPS EASE MORNING SICKNESS & NAUSEA
Majority of expecting mothers face symptoms of nausea and morning sickness. Dehydration can aggravate these symptoms of morning sickness and nausea, hence keeping yourself hydrated is absolutely essential!
4. WATER LOWERS RISK OF MISCARRIAGE & PREMATURE BIRTH
Adequate hydrated system is a well protecting guard against the potential risk of running into a premature birth.
5. WATER HELPS FLUSH OUT TOXINS
Toxins are needed to be flushed out of you and your baby's system. By simply drinking adequate water , you can get rid of your and your baby's harmful waste.
1. The World Health Organisation (WHO) recommends a daily intake of between 1.5 and two litres of water. When you are pregnant this should increase by another two to four glasses (up to three litres) a day if the weather is warm or you are exercising.
2. If you don't like drinking plain water you can add ingredients such as : mint, lemon, grated ginger,coriander etc.
3. To prevent the risks of waterborne diseases you need to make sure you only drink filtered,purified, bottled or boiled water. Unfiltered or unboiled water may carry a host of contaminants, bacteria and viruses. You can opt for Nasaka water purifiers which are one of the best RO water purifiers in India.