We all want the best for our babies, don't we?!
Good nutrition is the best gift we can give to our kids not only to build their strength or immunity but also to build their eating habits for life. Including these in the diet will surely go a long way:
1. Citrus Fruits - Vitamin C helps to increase the production of white blood cells, which is key to fighting infections. Almost all citrus fruits have vitamin C. With so many options , it’s easy to add a squeeze of this vitamin to any meal.
Grapefruit , Oranges , Clementines, Tangerines, Lemons, Limes & other good options are Kiwi , Pineapple, Cantaloupe Etc.
2. Cruciferous Vegetables - The Green Leafy Veggies like broccoli, kale, spinach, cauliflower, and cabbage are some of the top immunity-boosting foods for kids. They have several essential nutrients like vitamins A, C, and K, iron, magnesium, calcium, and potassium and are high in antioxidants, which significantly help in strengthening the immune system function.
3. Eggs - Eggs have nutrients like vitamins and minerals, omega-3 fatty acids, proteins, and antioxidants. It is rich in vitamins A, B12, and D as well as selenium and zinc, all of which are great for strengthening the immune function. Moreover, it provides with the energy they need to stay chirpy all day.
4. Turmeric - A very common spice in an Indian Household. Turmeric possesses numerous anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antimicrobial properties. A teaspoon of turmeric mixed with a glass of lukewarm milk every day can do wonders for your kid’s immune system.
5. Berries - These include blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and cranberries. These colourful fruits are not just delicious but also loaded with nutrients. Packed with potent antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory effects, improve blood flow to the brain, stimulate the growth of new nerve cells that plays a role in memory and learning.
Incorporating the above-mentioned immune system booster foods into your kid’s everyday diet can help build their life :D